- An overview of city analytics. Royal Society Open Science, 2017.
- Laws of population growth. PNAS, 2008.
- The efficient, the intensive, and the productive: insights from the urban Kaya relation. arXiv:1705.01153.
- JC Leitao, JM Miotto, M Gerlach, EG Altmann. Is this scaling nonlinear?. arXiv:1604.02872.
- E Arcaute, E Hatna, P Ferguson, H Youn, A Johansson, M Batty. Constructing cities, deconstructing scaling laws. J. R. Soc. Interface, 12:20140745, 2015.
- CR Shalizi. Scaling and Hierarchy in Urban Economies. arXiv:1102.4101.
Scaling behaviour in the growth of companies. Nature, 1996.
Scaling laws of human interaction activity. PNAS, 2009.
- J Eeckhout. Gibrat's Law for (All) Cities. AER, 2004.
- EL Glaeser et al. Big Data and Big Cities: The Promises and Limitations of Improved Measures of Urban Life. NBER Working Paper No. 21778, 2015.
- M Schläpfer, J Lee, LMA Bettencourt. Urban Skylines: building heights and shapes as measures of city size. arXiv:1512.00946.
- LMA Bettencourt, J Lobo. Urban Scaling in Europe. arXiv:1510.00902.
- C Cottineau, E Hatna, E Arcaute, M Batty. Paradoxical Interpretations of Urban Scaling Laws. arXiv:1507.07878.
- M Lenormand, B Gonçalves, A Tugores, JJ Ramasco. Human diffusion and city influence. J. R. Soc. Interface, 12, 2015
- A Sim et al. Great cities look small. J. R. Soc. Interface 12, 2015.
- S Sobolevsky et al. Cities through the Prism of People's Spending Behavior. arXiv:1505.03854.
SG Ortman, AHF Cabaniss, JO Sturm, and LMA Bettencourt. Settlement scaling and increasing returns in an ancient society. Science Advances, 1(1):e1400066, 2015.
Small cities face greater impact from automation. arXiv:1705.05875.