- PA Gompers, SQ Wang. Diversity in Innovation. NBER WP, 2017.
- Women’s connectivity in extreme networks. Science Advances, 2016.
- Gender Representation on Journal Editorial Boards in the Mathematical Sciences. PLoS ONE, 2016.
- E Fast, T Vachovsky, MS Bernstein. Shirtless and Dangerous: Quantifying Linguistic Signals of Gender Bias in an Online Fiction Writing Community. ICWSM 2016.
Gender in Science
- Gender Representation in Economics Across Topics and Time: Evidence from the NBER Summer Institute. NBER WP, 2017.
- Does the Gender Composition of Scientific Committees Matter?. AER, 2017.
- Recognition for Group Work: Gender Differences in Academia. AER, 2017.
- Gender Differences in Accepting and Receiving Requests for Tasks with Low Promotability. AER, 2017.
SE Carrell, ME Page, JE West. Sex and Science: How Professor Gender Perpetuates the Gender Gap. QJE, 2010.
KA Weeden, S Thébaud, D Gelbgiser. Degrees of Difference: Gender Segregation of U.S. Doctorates by Field and Program Prestige. Sociological Science, 2017.
- Time-to-Credit Gender Inequities of First-Year PhD Students in the Biological Sciences. CBE Life Science Education, 2017.
- Gender Diversity in Computing: are we making any progress?
- Patchy progress on fixing global gender disparities in science. Nature, 2017.
- Gender diversity leads to better science. PNAS, 2017.
- J Lerback, B Hanson. Journals invite too few women to referee. Nature, 2017.
M Jadidi, F Karimi, C Wagner. Gender Disparities in Science? Dropout, Productivity, Collaborations and Success of Male and Female Computer Scientists. arXiv:1704.05801.
- Quantitative Evaluation of Gender Bias in Astronomical Publications from Citation Counts. arXiv:1610.08984.
- Gender differences in scientific collaborations: Women are more egalitarian than men. arXiv:1610.05937.
- The Effect of Gender in the Publication Patterns in Mathematics. PLoS ONE, 2016.
SJ Ceci, WM Williams. Understanding current causes of women's underrepresentation in science. PNAS, 2011.
Gender Differences in Patenting in the Academic Life Sciences. Science, 2006.
- E Hengel. Publishing while Female: Gender Differences in Peer Review Scrutiny. 2016.
M Helmer, M Schottdorf, A Neef, D Battaglia. Research: Gender bias in scholarly peer review. eLife, 2017.
E Dolgin. Gender tokenism and bias prevail in biotech boardrooms. Nature Biotechnology, 2017.
- Race, Ethnicity, and NIH Research Awards. Science, 2011.
- The Gender Gap in NIH Grant Applications. Science, 2008.
- Gender, Race/Ethnicity, and National Institutes of Health R01 Research Awards: Is There Evidence of a Double Bind for Women of Color?. Academic Medicine, 2016.
- Why Do Men Get More Attention? Exploring Factors Behind Success in an Online Design Community. ICWSM 2017.