- AB Jaffe, G de Rassenfosse. Patent Citation Data in Social Science Research: Overview and Best Practices. NBER Working Paper No. 21868, 2016.
- G Morrison, M Riccaboni, F Pammolli. Disambiguation of Patent Inventors and Assignees Using High-Resolution Geolocation Data. arXiv:1601.01963.
- J Alstott, G Triulzi, B Yan, J Luo. Mapping Technology Space by Normalizing Patent Networks. Scientometrics, 2016.
- SP Kerr, WR Kerr. Global Collaborative Patents. NBER Working Paper No. 21735, 2015.
- B Yan, J Luo. Measuring Technological Distance for Patent Mapping. arXiv:1503.02373.
H Youn, D Strumsky, LMA Bettencourt, J Lobo. Invention as a combinatorial process: evidence from US patents. J R Soc Interface 12, 20150272 (2015).
LM McNamee, FD Ledley. Patterns of technological innovation in biotech. Nature Biotechnology, 2012.
- Unveiling the geography of historical patents in the United States from 1836 to 1975. Scientific Data, 2016.
- A Comparison of U.S. and European University-Industry Relations in the Life Sciences. Management Science, 2002.