- AB Jaffe, G de Rassenfosse. Patent Citation Data in Social Science Research: Overview and Best Practices. NBER Working Paper No. 21868, 2016.
- G Morrison, M Riccaboni, F Pammolli. Disambiguation of Patent Inventors and Assignees Using High-Resolution Geolocation Data. arXiv:1601.01963.
- J Alstott, G Triulzi, B Yan, J Luo. Mapping Technology Space by Normalizing Patent Networks. Scientometrics, 2016.
- SP Kerr, WR Kerr. Global Collaborative Patents. NBER Working Paper No. 21735, 2015.
- B Yan, J Luo. Measuring Technological Distance for Patent Mapping. arXiv:1503.02373.
- MS Clancy. Inventing by combining pre-existing technologies: Patent evidence on learning and fishing out. Research Policy, 2017.
- H Youn, D Strumsky, LMA Bettencourt, J Lobo. Invention as a combinatorial process: evidence from US patents. J R Soc Interface, 2015.
LM McNamee, FD Ledley. Patterns of technological innovation in biotech. Nature Biotechnology, 2012.
Measuring technological novelty with patent-based indicators. Research Policy, 2016.
The changing composition of innovative activity in the US — a portrait based on patent analysis. Research Policy, 2001.
Climbing the ladder of technological development. Research Policy, 2017.
- B Sampat, HL Williams. How Do Patents Affect Follow-On Innovation? Evidence from the Human Genome. NBER WP, 2017.
- Unveiling the geography of historical patents in the United States from 1836 to 1975. Scientific Data, 2016.
- A Comparison of U.S. and European University-Industry Relations in the Life Sciences. Management Science, 2002.
- Network-Mediated Knowledge Spillovers: A Cross-Country Comparative Analysis of Information Security Innovations. NBER WP, 2017.
- The Diffusion of Scientific Knowledge Across Time and Space: Evidence from Professional Transitions for the Superstars of Medicine. NBER WP, 2011.
- An analysis of the critical role of public science in innovation: the case of biotechnology. Research Policy, 2000.
- F Narin, KS Hamilton, D Olivastro. The increasing linkage between U.S. technology and public science. Research Policy, 1997.
- Testing the science/technology relationship by analysis of patent citations of scientific papers after decomposition of both science and technology. arXiv:1705.00258.